PICTURES WITH WORDS

painting i did over Jim Lee's pencils

The next book I do, is gonna be bigger and better than anything i've ever put out, i been working on it, on and off for 8 years and it's gonna span my entire lifetime of mark making, and image making , here’s some glowing reviews from my previous efforts
1
2
3
4
Robert Young is the first guy that ever interviewed me,almost a decade ago, for his magazine the Comics Interpreter, i don't even know where you'd find a copy today, maybe the best interview I’ve ever done, here's some funny stuff i forgot about on his blog SLOWJAMS my first book,came out in 1999 , I got threatened with two lawsuits, and one threat for bodily harm and one threat for death. For BRUISED FRUIT my second book, I only got threatened for 1 lawsuit and only one threat for bodily harm,
anyways whats funny to me, is the part where slowjams is basically a a cheap black and white comic, that I originally printed 5000 copies and sold for 4 bucks or just gave away for free, 5 years ago I realized I didn’t even own a copy , so I got one off ebay for 100 dollars, the seller was like dude why are you buying your own book? i felt stupid and told him i didn't own a copy, so he just gave it back to me for free, and i sent him a drawing.
Today I’ve seen it on ebay go for 300 to 500, the only place i can even find it is on amazon, I remember what a bitch it was to distribute all those books by mail order, and taking boxes to different shops, not to mention how much turmoil, the subject matter of that book, brought to my personal life ... so I never reprinted it, and beside's giant robot, in almost a decade I’ve never got any offers to reprint it, so I might have to do it myself again , people ask me often how i got to be so succesful, and the truth is, stupidity and refusal to give up, the amount of rejection , the amount of closed doors, closed legs, no one willing to take a chance, i ended up doing everything myself, selling my own paintings, booking my own shows, going out and hunting down my own illustration jobs, printing and distributing all my books, in the end there's no one to split the check up with, so i made all the fucking money... go watch the 90's film, GATTACA, ethan hawke, will break it all down for you, towards the end of the movie,,, and in a completely unrelated subject watch this guy break down rob liefeld