A true adventurer goes forth, aimless and uncalculating
To meet and greet
unknown fate----domino Harvey r.i.p.

My friend johnny spagna is born and bred east coast he had never been to los angeles before, so when he made the trip out a few months back for my friend mike’s wedding, we showed him a Hollywood time, we ate breakfast everyday at kings road , and spotted famke like everyone who eats there does, we took him to some Hollywood meetings, but it was his uncanny eye that showed me up, the day we took him to wasteland a thrift store on Melrose, A lot of Hollywood types drop off their old wardrobes at wasteland,
he picked out this hideous reversible silk jacket that had huge tiger patches all over it, it was sort of dirty and had black marks on it, Of course I had to get it. Thanks Johnny!
I had one of those moments tonight ,where I feel like I’m living in a movie. Because tower’s going out of business I bought a ton of dvd’s , and one of them was tony scott’s DOMINO, it was not as good as top gun or true romance , but it was still pretty fucking awesome, it’s loosely based on a real life bounty hunter girl named domino Harvey, no one in Hollywood makes better looking movies than tony scott right now, after years of experimenting and fucking around with film stock, on commercials, videos, and movies, he’s got this cracked out schizophrenic style of filming(they do a special feature on it on the dvd) that reminds me of Christopher doyle on wong kar wai movies on speed(these british fucks really know how to paint with film ). The best examples of it are, MAN ON FIRE, his awesome short film for BMW , and this one DOMINO, so I’m getting all into the movie and shit, mickey rourke is at the top of his game(he’s pretty much fucking awesome in every movie he’s in from rumble fish to sin city((he was the perfect marv)) he’s up there with jeff bridges and charles grodin), and I realize in the final crazy shoot out, kiera knightly who plays domino is wearing the same exact jacket that Johnny bravo picked out for me, plus she’s wearing the same metal teeth ring that I got for a dollar at the berryessa flea market, anyways I know this I s a real stupid trifling thing to write about, but I got all excited and started taking pictures of my t.v. screen, I was wearing the jacket while someone in the movie was wearing the same jacket, and then realized it was probably THE exact same jacket… of course I sniffed it.
(it’s really sad the real domino Harvey died right after they finished filming the movie, I painted this portrait of her right after the movie)
@ Tattoo Designs Wallpaper Proudly Powered by Blogger