CHOENASKI- a love letter to L.A.

Dear l.a.
It’s been over 2 decades since you saw me skating down Rosewood and Wilton on one knee ,kicking style , on my hosoi hammerhead deck .


On my return to los angeles this year, to celebrate my first art show in 6 years , just for you I have these limited edition t-shirts by THE HUNDREDS, and they’ll only be available at the rosewood store,
The Hundreds
7909 Rosewood Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
shop@thehundreds.com
And you’ll also be able to get these super limited CHOE hammerhead decks from giant robot, contact giantrobot.com

I grew up in los angeles watching movies, I’d go out the emergency exit at sparkys in the Beverly center, go up to the roof, and sneak into every movie, one summer I watched point break 10 times. It’s funny to think there’s gonna be a movie about me showing in L.A. but there is, it's called dirty hands, and it’s coming soon
After a most triumphant run of the film festivals, the film I never want my mother to see, ran a huge party foul by not clearing any of the music rights, the entire movie was cut to the most awesome music, and none of the songs could be used, so we had james jean, joe hahn, hightower, renson and dr. luke come contribute in giant ways to add new next level beats and music to the movie, to the people who already saw dirty hands in the theater that’s the only time youll ever see that version, the new cut has arrived! Upperplayground presents dirty hands,
Dirty hands will be playing for a limited time in theaters ,April 30 to May 6 at the Sunset 5 in los angeles, and then move on to SF for showings from May 21 - May 27. Check Upper Playground for more information as the dates approach.

when I was a young lost teen , I overheard a slumlord/pimp tell one of his ho’s “ real g’s never wake up before noon, that’s for all those other mother fuckers out there.” As soon as I heard that ,even though
I really didn’t know what it was, I knew I wanted to be… a real “g” . instead I really got into
Charles Bukowski, like a lot of young lost teens, mostly through my older brother jimmy,
he had shoplifted these Robert crumb comics, where Crumb illustrated some bukowski stories about drinking
gambling and fucking , so of course we were hooked, Soon we were shop lifitng all of Bukowski’ books,
one day while reading one of his books I ran
into this line …”Never get out of bed before noon.”
I haven’t woken up before noon since 1997
because a pimp and bukowski told me so.
Bukowski wrote and said so many things that shaped my world view and opinions on life, Even when I was lost in the jungles and working in Israel , reading bukowski always made me feel like I was back at home in L.A.
he put into words what was so heavy on my mind and chest and that’s what all great artists do.
Here’s one more thing he wrote that changed everything for me.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don't even start.
This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind.
It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench.
It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery--isolation. Isolation is
the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it.
And, you'll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything
else you can imagine. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that.
You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight
to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is."
— Charles Bukowski
Here is a watercolor I did of the late great charles bukowski who saved my life through his words.

my next print will be of this painting,CHINASKI. it will be released Thursday april 15th,2010 ,an edition of 72 at $294. Contact bobby namba at bnamba@live.com , any emails prior to 12:01 am east coast time will be ignored, (18 by 22 inches) expect at least 2-3 weeks for delivery. limit to one per customer, if you send repeated emails to bobby ,harrassing him, you will be deleted from the list, he's a nice guy so be nice to him, dont be a fucker.
also look out for a superlimited edition zine by me and Jason Jaworski available at my show in l.a. only on the first day, you been warned, awesome books, awesome toys and other awesome shit coming soon, stay posted.